LONELINESS






Good Morning! It's 6:38 am on this beautiful Friday, where at the time I write we are registering 20º C, with a beautiful and sunny day, with prospects of reaching up to 30º during the course of the day. And today I'm off work… well, I'm not going away, not today anyway. I have several things to do here at my home this day. And as soon as I shut down my desktop, I'm sure to start the daily drudgery. The first thing I'll have to do is go to the market to buy bread for my gang. I usually buy it at a bakery close to home, but when I went this morning, I came across a sign attached to the door with the words "Luto"...


Wow, these days the inexorable is acting very quickly. As I already told you, my friend lost her sister this Tuesday... yesterday was her funeral. I couldn't go. But I'm sure she'll understand. Well, now I find this sign on the door of the establishment... My God in Heaven, never, in previous years, have I had so much news of events as in this three-year period 20/21/22... I hope that 2023 will be a more peaceful year, without so many trips of acquaintances to the other side!


Life is ephemeral, we are all aware of that. A simple snap, and we are on our way to infinity, to account to our Creator. Our biggest problem is that, even knowing that our end on this plane is inevitable, that sooner or later we will be called to the firmament, we are not prepared for that. Neither to go, nor to lose the loved ones around us. Someone already said a long time ago that we start dying the day we are born... there is no more concrete truth than this. In our hearts we want our stay here to last forever. We know it won't be like that, but we prefer not to think about our sure and infallible destiny...


Yesterday while reading others' posts, I came across a quote that got me thinking... the line was "And when no one wakes you up in the morning, and when no one waits for you at night, and when you can do whatever you want... how Is it called? Freedom? Or loneliness?" The author of the phrase is Henry Charles Bukowsky, American poet, short story writer and novelist, born in Germany. Well, but at this point, at least for me, it's not important to know who was the author of the phrase, since, probably, many had already formulated it before he immortalized it on paper in one of his many compositions. I say this because the majority of common sense phrases at one time or another end up being recorded by someone and from that moment on, every time such a phrase is formulated, it is linked to the person's name. But, as I said, the important thing at this moment is the explicit idea in the sentence...


For me, if I don't have anyone to wake me up in the morning (not that I need to, I wake up very early every day), that's a harbinger of loneliness. If I have no one to wait for me at night, and the only thing that awaits me is the cold walls of my room, this is still a sign of loneliness. Do what I want, without being accountable to anyone? There's no doubt... this is pure and simple loneliness. For a short period of my life I was alone at home. My parents had separated, and my father had gone elsewhere, my mother had gone to her parents' house with my two little brothers and my older brother had already married. During the day I was joined by my sister-in-law and eventually my brother. But when night came my only company was loneliness... and I didn't like the experience. I'm a withdrawn person, it's not easy to win me over... but I certainly can't live alone, without someone by my side, supporting me in my difficult moments and allowing me to support her when she needs a shoulder to cry on. I'm not talking about friendship, simply. Not. I'm talking about love. In my life, without my better half accompanying and supporting me, the walk in life loses all meaning. After all, friends are only with you for a while, but they have their lives and their loves to go on. If you don't have someone to share your destiny with, when friends need to meet their lives, you'll be alone in the world. And loneliness hurts, even if we don't want to admit it...


May God provide us with a beautiful Friday, where we can achieve everything we want for this day. May He pour His Blessings on our heads, guiding us always along the path of righteousness in search of our Spiritual Light...


A beautiful and wonderful day to all. See you tomorrow, God willing...

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

QUEM SOMOS NÓS?

23 - A NEW DIRECTION

SELF-ACCEPTANCE