CANCER...




 CANCER...

14:07 pm on this beautiful and sunny Saturday. Today it took me a while to get on my blog, because I had to solve some things. One of them, doing market purchases for the month that begins... wow, if we keep looking at prices, we don't buy anything. According to the Federal Government, inflation remains in the single digits, and prices remain stable. But our portfolio proves otherwise. Well, it's no use complaining, is it?...

After returning from the market, I went walking with my little one through the neighborhood stores. I had to buy food for the kittens we have at home, and we took the opportunity to snoop around... see what news the shopkeepers brought for this Christmas. It was fun. We spent over an hour going in and out of the stores. Finally we bought what we were looking for (of course I didn't escape buying a toy for the little one, but there's only one toy in childhood, isn't it?) and we went back home. Almost arriving, we stopped at the bakery where we usually shop every day, and while I was being served, I took the opportunity to ask about the "Mourning" sign that was on display yesterday, when the shop wasn't open. Then the girl explained that the boy's grandmother passed away. From cancer. From the pancreas. According to the boy's wife, the disease was discovered four months ago, and in the meantime she languished until she passed away... she said that there was nothing they could do, because when they discovered the disease, it was already in its final phase...

Ah... yesterday the Publisher sent me the first review of my book. I took a look at the changes they made, answered some questions, accepted some suggestions and refuted others. After triple checking the received text, I sent it back. Now I'm just waiting to receive the lay-out of the cover, which should happen this month... I hope it turns out to be a beautiful cover. I submitted an outline of what I would like to see, but creation is up to the editorial team. Well, I hope it's at least a bright and colorful cover...

My first book is expected to be released in January or February 2023. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to it... I can't wait to have a printed copy in my hands. I hope readers enjoy what I wrote, even though it's not such a common topic. And in the end, it's an average book, approximately 60 pages long. I tried to be as objective as possible in the text, but we never know if we achieved that goal, right?

Of course I'm already working on a second book. It's in its early stages, but I hope to develop it as soon as possible. In fact, this second one is a retelling of a novel I wrote some time ago. But... I lost the originals. I know the plot, I have a script, but I have to restart from scratch, because all the pages have been lost... well, things in life.

For those who were curious about the title of my work:- it is "Tirésias". In the next few days I will talk about my work and about Tiresias, too. If you have any questions about one or the other, I'll be happy to answer them. Well, as I'm talking about my work that will be released in the publishing market, this is a text that I won't be able to post on all the sites I usually use. Which is a shame, but I know you shouldn't advertise without being invited... but that's okay.

May God bless us this Saturday and grant us a wonderful weekend. See you tomorrow, God willing. Kisses to all...

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

QUEM SOMOS NÓS?

23 - A NEW DIRECTION

SELF-ACCEPTANCE