WALKÜREN - THE THREE MARIES Chapter Sixty-Four


WALKÜREN - THE THREE MARIES

Chapter Sixty-Four


- Isabel...

- What happened, Grace?

- I don't like this story...

- None of us are... but we can't do anything...

- I don't know...

- What do you think, Rosa?

- Our hands are tied, you know...

- Yeah, I know... but I don't like it.

- We have to do something... otherwise Anhangá will decimate the cowboys...

- We can't intervene... the only one who can do something is Juvêncio...

- In what way? Rose enchanted him...

- I didn't charm anyone...

- Oh no? So why is he now only able to look at Matilde? My God, the man is so careless... I've never seen him stand with his back to the entrance of any place he was before...

- Girls, you know he couldn't have been aware of what he was going to face... I had to do what I did...

- Yes, but... what now?

- Now? Now we run away from everyone who might ask us about what happened....

- Yes, I know... like Delegate Santana...

- You know that if he asks us the right question, we can't help but answer, right?

- Yes but...

- But what, Grace?

- Izabel, explain something to me... since when did we start acting this way?

- Which way, Grace? I don't understand...

- You know what I'm talking about... this thing about us being... what's it really like? Death Angels...

- Look, I'm not sure... but I think it all started back in Quiririm, when we accompanied that goddess to the world beyond...

- No, it's fine... but why us?

- I don't know how to say...

- Think about it... we're nothing special... you were a country bumpkin who was scared to death of her own shadow... I was always trying to earn a little extra money to save my mother... Rosa was a wife who suffered at the hands of her husband...

- Yeah... and actually, our life was normal until we returned to our city... and suddenly, everything turned upside down...

- It's not for nothing, Bel... but your father's departure was very strange...

- From what I understand, Rosa... well, my father wasn't human... which makes me a demigod, I guess...

- Okay, I understand you... if your father was a god incarnate on earth... although... hey, you little god, huh?

- Grace...

- But it's... you, okay... you were the daughter of a celestial creature, something and such... but, both of us?! What do we have to do with fish?

- I don't know, Graça... I have no idea. But there must be some logical answer...

- If there is, I haven't realized it until now...

- Me neither...

- Wouldn't it be logical for you to share this... mystical heritage... with your brothers?

- Suddenly this has nothing to do with blood, have you thought about it?

- I don't know... what I know is that every now and then it feels like I'm living a dream...

- I understand you, Rosa... the same thing happens to me...

- Girls, I understand you... I swear I understand! But our problem now is another...

- I know...

- How to make Juvêncio defend the group of cowboys that are approaching the city...

- Yes... because if he doesn't act, it will be an unprecedented bloodbath... Anhangá is dying of hunger and goes to the pot very thirsty...

- Bel, you know I can't break the spell I used... I don't have the power to do that...

- None of us have... but if we don't break the magic, he won't go to the battlefield...

The three sat on the bed, thinking. They knew they had to take some action, but they had no idea how to act. Consulting a shaman or a pai de santo was out of the question. A priest, then... that wouldn't be possible, really. After all, not long ago, the Church had murdered several people who held some type of supernatural power... Okay, apparently that was a thing of the past, but they preferred not to risk it.

After much thought, they decided that the best thing to do was to ride across the plain. Maybe being out in the open would help them see a light that would help them solve that problem.

They had been riding for a good half hour... a little more, a little less, and they noticed that their animals were tired. It was better to let them rest for a while. They really needed to make a stop, as they had to put their ideas in order. Well, they started looking for a place that would be pleasant for them. They saw the forest, not far from where they were.

They approached the trees, close to a stream. They dismounted under the frond of a tree and released their mounts, which went to quench their thirst. They sat down and were absorbed, trying to find a solution to their immediate problem. Yes, because they had a problem at hand and needed to solve it. But how, if they couldn't act against the guidelines they received? Yes, they had to follow a standard of behavior, no matter who was harmed by it. And this situation bothered them...

Izabel was thoughtful when, suddenly, she had an epiphany... since they started wearing their pendants, they stopped being themselves and became other entities... what if they removed them for a while? Would things go back to “normal”? She couldn't guarantee that, but... it was worth trying...

The girl explained her idea to her friends and, immediately, they all took their chains off their necks. Graça and Rosa handed their pendants to Izabel who placed the three next to each other... and the pieces merged into one, forming the original medallion again.

The three of them stared at the medallion, as if they weren't understanding exactly what was happening around them. Rosa got up, walked a little, examining the place where they were. She turned to the other two, with a look of astonishment...

- Girls, how did we end up here?

- I think on horseback... at least our mounts are grazing right there...

- Graça, stop Graça... we've already seen that our animals are here... but how did we come here without realizing it?

- I don't know... Bel, what is the medallion your father gave you doing on the floor?

- I swear I don't know...

- You better keep it, before you lose it... after all, it's the last souvenir you got from him, right?

- Yes... strange... why would I bring him into the woods?

- And I know? But it's better to save...

Izabel took the artifact, wrapped it with her scarf and stored it in her horse's saddlebag. He tipped his hat and sat down again under the shade of the tree... the day was really hot... so much so that Graça decided to undress and throw herself into the water to cool off... and She was soon followed by her two friends, who stayed playing in the water for a long time...

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

QUEM SOMOS NÓS?

23 - A NEW DIRECTION

SELF-ACCEPTANCE